Since our last communication about the COVID-19 situation, a great deal has changed. Our primary responsibility as an organisation is to keep the community and our members safe. Our members are part of this community and we need to be mindful of how we help prevent the spread of the virus as much as possible, whilst following government advice and direction.
The Club has assessed the COVID-19 Phase 2 WA Roadmap guidelines and received advice from Surf Life Saving WA as per links below:
- WA Roadmap Status https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-wa-roadmap
- COVID Safety Guidelines for Sport and Recreation https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-05/COVID-19-Safety-Guidelines-Sport-and-Recreation.pdf
- COVID Safety Plan Template for Sport and Recreation here https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-05/COVID-19_Safety-Plan-Sport-and-Recreation.pdf
From this, the changes within the Club (effective 18 May 2020) will be as follows (strictly following the COVID-19 guidelines):
- Changerooms and toilets remain closed (public changerooms and toilets are open).
- Access for building maintenance and cleaning available.
- No ‘general’ building access.
- Administration employees resume work at the Club.
- Front door is locked – access is by appointment on 9335 4359.
- Meetings may resume at the Club.
- Emergency Response Team on standby only.
- No non-essential training.
- Essential equipment maintenance continues.
- Club sanctioned training only with a Coach – refer to the Surf Sports Facebook Group (FMSLSC SURF SPORTS) for availability.
- Gym remains closed.
- No surf boat or IRB training.
- No general use of craft.
- Bookings for training rooms and the lounge are available (not the bar). The COVID-19 guidelines will determine acceptance by the Club.
Thank you for your support and understanding at this difficult time. The club will on a regular basis and when information comes to hand, advise members on club activities and status.
Club members are encouraged to regularly check for updates via the following Government websites.
See you at the beach soon,
m: 0413 333 650