The COVID-19 situation continues, however we are now relaxing restrictions based on government and SLSWA advice. Our primary responsibility as an organisation is to keep the community and our members safe. Our members are part of this community and we need to be mindful of how we help prevent the spread of the virus as much as possible, whilst following government advice and direction.
The Club has assessed the COVID-19 Phase 4 WA Roadmap guidelines.
From this, the changes within the Club (effective Saturday 27 June 2020) will be as follows (strictly following the COVID-19 guidelines):
In All Cases:
• Minimum of 2sqm per patron remains in place
• 1.50m physical distancing
• Healthy hygiene
• Additional cleaning of facilities and equipment
• Access to building is available.
• Changerooms and toilets are open.
• Training/assessing continues to SLSWA guidelines.
• Training continues – all disciplines.
• Gym is open – the Club emphasises additional cleaning by patrons during sessions and 1.5m physical distancing. Gym towels must be used at all times.
• Venue hire continues with the bar available.
• Patrons are not required to be seated while consuming food or alcohol. Meals can be served, and alcoholic beverages can now be served without a meal.
• Q: What if I don’t have a key to access the building? A: If eligible and you do not have your replacement fob key, they are now available from the office.
• Q: Will social events previously postponed be rescheduled? A: In most cases yes. The Club is yet to plan these events.
• Q: When is the Annual General Meeting scheduled? A: Friday 25th September 2020 (evening).
Thank you for your support and understanding at this difficult time. The club will on a regular basis and when information comes to hand, advise members on club activities and status.
Club members are encouraged to regularly check for updates via the following Government websites.
See you at the beach soon,
Fremantle Surf Life Saving Club